Good oral hygiene is important, not only for looks, but for general health as well. Poor oral hygiene can lead to a variety of dental and medical problems such as gum disease, infection, bone loss, heart disease, strokes and more. Regular check-ups and cleanings can prevent these problems as well as provide you with good oral hygiene.
Comprehensive Oral Exam
A comprehensive oral exam lays the foundation for excellent dental care. At Oakville Dental, we recommend a comprehensive dental exam for all patients that are new to our practice and for existing patients, every three years.
The mouth is really a window into the body. Medical conditions such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and oral cancer may be discovered by a comprehensive dental exam before symptoms show up elsewhere in the body.
An initial comprehensive dental exam includes the following:
- Medical history
- Dental history
- Head and neck exam
- TMJ (jaw joint) evaluation
- Oral soft tissue exam
- Oral cancer screening
- Bite analysis
- Orthodontic screening
- Charting existing teeth, restorations and decay
- Periodontal (gum) charting and evaluation
- Digital x-rays
- Digital photographs
- Cosmetic/smile evaluation
- Impressions/molds of the teeth (when indicated) to make stone models for analysis
- To reserve your comprehensive examination or to find out what we can do to improve your smile, contact us today.