Patient Visit Guide
Patient Visit – New Procedures
We hope all is well with you and your family during these challenging times.
We are now scheduling dental appointments, and we are taking extensive precautionary measures to ensure the safety of our patients. We are fully compliant with infection control procedures set by The Royal College of Dental Surgeons as well as health regulations set by Public Health Ontario and the dental governing bodies.
We have also changed our appointment procedures and taken additional precautionary measures to provide a safe dental treatment appointment, which we will explain below.
Before Your Appointment
- Patients will be pre-screened for COVID-19 symptoms and possible contact with COVID-19 positive persons prior to your appointment.
Upon Your Arrival To Our Office
- To maintain social distancing, please call or text when you arrive and wait in your vehicle or outside of the office until your scheduled appointment time.
- The office will call or text you back when your treatment room is ready. A a staff member will then greet you at the entrance to our office.
- Patients will be pre-screened for COVID-19 symptoms and possible contact with COVID-19 positive persons upon entering the practice.
- Temperature checks will be taken upon entering the practice.
- Patients showing signs or symptoms of illness, or exposure to COVID-19 will be require to cancel their appointment. A follow up call will be made to you in two weeks to see if it is suitable for you to reschedule.
- Wherever possible, patients are asked to bring their own face masks with them to the appointment.
- Face masks must be worn at all times while in our dental practice, with the exception of when you will be receiving your dental treatment.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided upon entrance that the patients will be asked to use.
- Only scheduled patients will be allowed into the office other than patients requiring care from one guardian or caregiver.
- The number of patients at any given time in the practice will be limited and appointments will be staggered.
- Waiting area chairs will be spaced to allow for 6 feet of distancing.
- We ask that all patients always continue to practice social distancing measures within the office.
- There will be no physical contact with patients except for treatment.
- You will find hand sanitizer at our entrance and throughout the office.
- Magazines, children’s toys, and other items that are difficult to disinfect have been removed from the waiting area.
- Common areas including restrooms will be regularly cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
Your Treatment and Care
- All staff will be screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms and possible contact with COVID-19 positive persons.
- Staff temperatures will be taken daily upon entering the practice.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) outlined by or regulatory boards, will be provided for all clinical and administrative staff, as required by our regulatory board, and as outlined for the type of treatment being provided to the patient.
- Treatment rooms will be completely sterilized before patients are seated – extra time will be scheduled in-between appointments to allow for the thorough cleaning and disinfection of treatment rooms and equipment.
- All operatories have enhanced protective and sterilization techniques as outlined by the recommendations and guidelines provided by our regulatory board.
- During treatment, our team will strictly follow guidelines set by The Royal College of Dental Surgeons as well as health regulations set by Public Health Ontario and the dental governing bodies.
Checking Out After Your Appointment
- Plexiglas screens have been installed at our reception counters to protect patients and staff.
- Credit card / payment processing terminals will be wiped and sanitized after each use.
The safety of our patients and staff is our top priority, and our entire dental team is committed to ensuring your safety and comfort in receiving dental care from our office.
We are looking forward to reconnecting with our patients and providing for your dental needs.
If you have any questions or concerns related to your care after reviewing this information, please contact us directly.
Dr. Arvind Kataria and The Team at Oakville Dental