EMERGENCY & URGENT CARE ONLY
Updated: May 2020
For the safety of all concerned we are strictly following the guidelines put forth by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons as well as our government officials. We will continue to provide all essential and emergency dental treatments to our patients. Any non-essential and elective procedures will be postponed until further notice.
We are required to facilitate social distancing and help prevent people from contracting the COVID-19 virus. We will be performing a thorough pre-screening risk assessment (to reduce risk to patients, oral healthcare providers and to the greater community).
Emergency & Urgent Care treatment will be provided to patients without COVID-19 risk factors and have any of the following symptoms/situations:
– oral-facial trauma (a wound to the mouth or teeth)
– a bad infection, especially if it affects the patient’s airway
– prolonged bleeding
– pain that cannot be managed by over-the-counter medications
– severe dental pain from inflammation
– third-molar pain
– surgical post-operative problems
– abscess or localized bacterial infection resulting in localized pain and swelling
– tooth fracture resulting in pain, pulp exposure or causing soft tissue trauma
– extensive cavities or defective restorations causing pain
– dental trauma
– final crown/bridge cementation if the temporary restoration is lost, broken or causing irritation
– biopsy of a suspicious oral lesion or abnormal oral tissue
– replacing a temporary filling in an endodontic access opening for patients experiencing pain
– snipping or adjusting an orthodontic wire or appliance piercing or ulcerating the oral mucosa
– treatment required before critical medical procedures can be provided
– suture removal
– denture adjustments or repairs when function is impeded
– other procedures that in the dentist’s professional judgement are necessary in order to minimize harm to patients and/or relieve pain and suffering
Should you be experiencing a dental emergency we are here to help.
Please contact our office at 905-842-8484 for more information.
Our modified hours are:
Monday-Tuesday – 9am-2pm
Wednesday – Closed
Thursday – Saturday – 9am-2pm
Sunday – Closed
We’ve created a dental practice that puts your healthy smile out there–front and center–for everyone to see. Dr. Arvind Kataria has over 30 years of dental experience and his team of dental associates have a passion for dentistry that delivers quality dental care to patients of all ages.
At Oakville Dental we love to see you smile. We have been helping create beautiful smiles for families in the Oakville and Burlington community since 1988. We take great pride in offering excellence in dental care within a relaxed, friendly atmosphere, served up by trusted, knowledgeable and experienced dental professionals. We know that every great smile–your smile–is the sign that we’ve done our job to provide the highest level of care in our community.
We offer a wide range of procedures including preventive care, tooth whitening, cosmetic dentistry, laser dentistry, dental implants, Invisalign and Braces for adults and children. We use dental technology to enhance and adhere to the Ontario Dental Association’s mission of “promoting the highest standards of dental care”. That, combined with our unwavering commitment to you, results in an experience that’s unlike any other. At your initial consultation we will help you map out a complete dental plan that achieves your desired results.
We look forward to providing you and your family with the optimum dental care you deserve.
Call us today to reserve your appointment with Oakville Dental and discover why we’re making our patients smile. 905-842-8484
Languages spoken include English, Croatian, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, Romanian, Arabic, Portuguese and Polish.